Here is a appeal from the Mid-Atlantic Foundation for Safety and Education "School’s Open - Drive Carefully" Campaign!
Did you know that 50% of children struck by cars near schools are hit by parents driving other children to school? *
This is one reason why the Mid-Atlantic Foundation for Safety and Education would like to remind you that in just a few days"School’s Open - Drive Carefully".
Here's a checklist of ways you can help to keep our children safe:
- Slow down near schools and in residential areas.
- Drive with your headlights on - even during the day - so children and other drivers can see you.
- Look for clues such as AAA School Safety Patrollers, bicycles and playgrounds that indicate children could be in the area.
- Scan between parked cars and other objects for signs of
- Practice extra caution in bad weather.
- Always stop for school buses that are loading or unloading students.
- Make a gift of $20.09 or any amount to the 2009
Mid-Atlantic Foundation for Safety and Education "School’s Open - Drive Carefully" Campaign!
* Source: Safe Routes to School National Partnership
Post a Comment