President Obama is pitching US exports to India and i think doing as much as any Republican administration would have done.
Did you know that India...
- is the world's second largest small car market
- is one of only three countries that makes its own supercomputers
- is the fourth largest economy in the world (measured in terms of purchasing power parity)
- is one of six countries that launches its own satellites
- 100 of the Fortune 500 have R & D facilities in India
- has the second largest group of software developers after the U.S.
- lists 6,600 companies on the Bombay Stock Exchange; only the NYSE has more
- is the world's largest producer of milk, and second largest producer of food, including fruits and vegetables
- sends more students to the U.S. colleges than any other country in the world. In 2008, over 94,563 Indian students enrolled in the U.S.- Indian pharmaceutical industry is the world's second largest after China
Source : http://www.buyusa.gov/india/en/motm.html
On the political front I juts watched a debate on NDTV and some sound bytes that were interesting
- Pakistan is your neighbor and it is in India's interest to make sure the neighbor does not catch fire as your house can catch fire too.
- Response from Indian expert. if a house catches fire we expect to pour water not send arms
- David Ignatius said something that was very realistic. he said that it would not be in anyone's interest to ask Pakistan to cutoff relations with some groups as that intelligence is very valuable to prevent attacks. The solution is to build confidence to share that intelligence.
Watch video streams from NDTV at http://www.ndtv.com/video/live/channel/ndtv24x7
Post a Comment